Types of Hearing Aid Types in Ahmedabad
Asian Speech For Hearing Aids Dealers In Ahmedabad, Hearing Aids Dealers In Gujarat.Most humans hear sounds in the range of 20 to 20,000 Hz. Sensitivity vary as a function of frequency, with sounds in the middle frequencies being heard well.
PURE TONE AUDIOMETRY / AUDIOGRAM
- Degree of hearing loss (How much problem).
- Types of hearing loss (Where is the problem).
- To Rule out Retrocochlear and Cochlear pathology.
IMPEDANCE AUDIOMETRY (Interaacoustic, Zarmany)
- To rule out middle ear pathology.
- To rule out cochlear sensitivity loss or VIII nerve disorder.
- Ipsilateral VII nerve lesion.
- Evoked stapedius reflex test for cochlear implant.
Provides information about hearing handicap. Problem maybe worse than indicated by pure tone average (PTA) for the speech frequencies.
- Useful to determine candidacy for hearing aid.
- A very poor result, out of proportion to PTA, suggests probable retrocochlear cause of hearing loss.
- SDT (PBmax100)
Behavioral Observation Audiometry (BOA)
- To know aided response.(With hearing aid and cochlear implant)
- For smaller children.
Oto Acoustic Emission (OAE) - (Biologic Company, USA)
- To rule out hearing loss in newborn.
- To rule out inner ear pathology.
Brainstem Evoked Response Potential (BERA) - (Biologic Company, USA)
- To know site of lesion.
- Fully automatic & computerized test.
- Threshold estimation
Multiple Auditory Steady-State Response (ASSR) - (Biologic Company, USA)
- Objective Audiometry.
- Fully automatic and computerized
Electrocochleorgraphy (ECochG) - (Biologic Company, USA)
- Diagnosis of Meniere's disease.
- Differential diagnosis.
Objective and subjective fitting of all companies of digital hearing aid- (Swiss & USA combine technology)
- Objective fitting gives accurate fitting in children as per ear-canal length.
- It care overamplification and prevents further damage due to overamplification.
Mapping & Telemetry:
- Mapping & Telemetry available for all three companies of Cochlear implants.